Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
ON DECK: Baseball season getting closer and closer
Pitchers and catchers, the three most beautiful words in the English language.
But despite the joy that comes over me after reading those initial headlines, it also reminds me that baseball isn't exactly back yet.
A month and a half of grueling fluff is still ahead. We will hear how this guy lost 20 pounds and that guy gained 20 pounds and no matter how much weight they've gained or lost, everyone is in the best shape of their lives (me included).
Once again we will read way too much into how our favorite players perform, despite the 100-plus years of evidence that suggests that spring training statistics have zero relevance to the regular season.
But we don't care, baseball's back. Our animalistic urges tell us to cut the bum who's hitting .210 and promote the prospect who's leading the Cactus League with 10 home runs. Thankfully, we're not GMs, and cooler heads from smarter people will prevail.
But even if they don't, baseball's still back.