Most Viewed Stories
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Pot smugglers spotted from the air
Air Interdiction and Border Patrol agents from the Yuma Sector seized 152 pounds of marijuana Thursday evening valued at an estimated $76,000.
According to the Yuma Sector Public Affairs Office, at about 5:30 p.m., agents from the Customs and Border Protection's Yuma Air Branch spotted smugglers concealing bundles of marijuana in brush near the U.S.-Mexico border along the Colorado River.
Pilots notified Border Patrol agents on the ground of its location. Agents arrived on scene later and seized the narcotics. No smugglers were found in the area.