Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Chapman roars to third Yuma Women's Open title
Connie Chapman won her third consecutive Greater Yuma Women's Open Championship on Tuesday at the Desert Hills Golf Course, firing a final-round 87 in brisk and windy weather conditions.
Chapman's two-day total of 173 was nine shots ahead of Debbie Holscher, tops among those in the 1st Flight. Holscher, who had a three-shot lead heading into the second day, carded a 99 for a 182 total. Donna Lalonde was second in the top flight at 183, and Rosanna Connelly was third at 188.
KP competition winners were Larie Hash (Hole No. 4), Mary Kruse (No. 8), Jaon Webb (No. 15) and Daphne Stone (No. 17).