East County Highlights 10-3-13
• “A” Hill (mountain) — If you have any interesting, comical or historical tales to share involving the “A” hill, the hill with the big A near Antelope Union High School, email them to email@example.com.
• Wellton Elementary School — Talent search is held every Monday after school. Sports tournament is 9 a.m. Friday.
• Mohawk Valley School — Sports teams will compete at 9 a.m. Friday in the tournament at Wellton School. Early release is 1:30 p.m. Monday. Assembly will begin at 1 p.m. and a governing board meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The lunch bunch will meet at 11:20 a.m. Wednesday. There will be a fall festival on Oct. 30.
• Dateland Elementary School — Sports teams play at 9 a.m. in the tournament on Friday at Wellton. Fall break begins Monday.
• Tri-Valley Ambulance benefit — The 35th annual Tri-Valley ambulance benefit will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 19 at the Wellton Community Center, 10234 Dome St. The tri-tip dinner includes dessert and various raffles. The drawing of the $5,000 raffle is from 6-8 p.m., entertainment will follow with dancing until midnight. Cost for the grand prize drawing is $150 per ticket, which includes two adult dinner tickets. Dinner tickets are $20 for adults, $5 for children. Tri-Valley Ambulance is a not for profit, non-tax supported ambulance service. This is the largest fundraising benefit event of the year. For more information or for tickets, call Susan Dodd at 503-1460.
• Country music — An evening of great country, folk and gospel music will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Assembly of God Church in Wellton. Entertainment will be Dale and Lisa Jost and family. For more information, call 210-0060.
• Fishing derby — The Kiwanis annual fishing derby will be 7 a.m. Saturday behind Del Sol market.
• 4-H meeting — There will be a meeting for the Desert Herdsmen 4-H at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Wellton Community Center, 10234 Dome St.
• Wellton Library — Baby Time is 2 p.m. today, basica Ingles at 4 p.m. Tween Time is 3:30 p.m. Friday. Aprender a hablar Ingles is 4 p.m. Tuesday. Teen Time is 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Story Time at 2 p.m.
• YCAT — Now serving Wellton, Dome Valley, Tacna and Foothills Walmart with WelltonCAT on Fridays. For a pickup, call 783-2235, 45 minutes in advance. Buses are rolling from 3-7 p.m. Fridays. Fare is only $2 and $1 for seniors, students and disabled. Online information www.ycat.az.gov.
• VFW Post 6790 Men’s and Ladies Auxiliary — Daily hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Happy hour is 4-7 p.m. every day. Lunch is noon to 3 p.m. Thursdays, meat draws and music from 2-5 p.m. Wear a red shirt on Fridays to support the troops. Fish dinners are 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Breakfast served 8-11 a.m. Saturdays. Biscuit and gravy breakfasts served 8-11 a.m. Sundays. Hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries with all the trimmings served 4-7 p.m. Mondays. Eight-ball pool tournaments are 1 p.m. Tuesdays, ladies darts at 2 p.m. Waffle breakfasts served 8-10 a.m. Wednesdays, nine-ball pool tournaments and Wii bowling at 1 p.m. Spaghetti dinner will be served from 4-6 p.m. followed by music from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26. Live music and dancing from 2-5 p.m. every Saturday in November.
To submit an article, call 446-6427, fax to 627-3521 or drop off at the Wellton Post Office, “Attention Diane,” on or before Friday for the following Thursday edition.