Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Removing rights assumes citizens are incapable
I am a gun owner and avid target shooter. My main concern with gun control is not the inability to defend myself, and our repelling an invasion force coming ashore in San Diego with our odd assemblage of personal firearms is a bit farfetched, and it is not just because I want to keep shooting at targets. The real danger in outlawing our right to possess a firearm is that the government or society has determined that the citizen is incapable of assuming and taking and making responsible decisions. And when that happens, all freedom is gone.