Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Loeffler leads YC over Parker
Without two of its normal starters available, the Yuma Catholic golf team defeated Parker 147-197 at Emerald Canyon Golf Course on Thursday.
Jon Loeffler, who was one of two golfers filling in for a starting spot for the Shamrocks, shot a 1-under-par 35 to take medalist honors. YC rounded out the top five finishers with Max Coffeen (36), Joey Pickels (37), Josh Hodges (39) and Kody Boyd (41).
“Jon did a great job filling in and his reward for his performance is to play in our next meet,” YC coach Bob Anderson said. “He played really smart on a lot of holes and played strong all the way through.”
Grady Bourguignon was at an AJGAA event in Oxnard, Calif. and Jacob Harman had another obligation at school.
The Shamrocks’ last match before the state tournament is a four-way meet at Needles Municipal Golf Course in Needles, Calif. on Monday.
The state tournament begins May 13.