Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Military Profile - Nicholas R. Campbell
Nicholas R. Campbell
In what branch of the military did you or do you serve and during what years?
I currently serve in the United States Marine Corps on active duty. I joined in November 2011.
What is your rank?
I am a Private First Class (E-2).
What led you to join the military?
I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself. There seemed to be more security in the military as opposed to civilian jobs I have had in the past.
What is the most valuable lesson you've gained from your military services?
Always hold yourself to a higher standard.
What are some medals, commendations, citations or other military honors you are proud of having earned?
I am proud of every medal I have, as well as the rank insignia I wear.
What would be your advice to someone considering or planning a career in the military?
Whatever you choose, just give it everything you have because that's what really matters in the end.
What are your hobbies and interests?
I have played guitar for about twelve years and sports pretty much my whole life. I enjoy the married life and relaxing by the pool with my wife on the weekend.
Immediate family members?
All of my immediate family lives in Imperial, Pa.