Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Thanks for stopping by to visit
Writing for a newspaper can sometimes feel like mailing letters to people you don't know. You write, but you aren't always sure who is reading your words.
That's why it is such a treat – and an honor – to meet our readers.
Thank you to everyone who attended our recent open house.
As reporters and editors, we know a lot of people around town because we are continuously returning to them as sources for our articles and columns. Those relationships are the lifeblood of our business.
But the people I love meeting the most are our readers, the people who subscribe and who we don't always get to meet – not often enough, at least.
I love meeting folks at restaurants or events who have ideas for stories or who just want to chat. It makes my day.
Thank you for reading, and thanks for saying “hi” when you get the chance.