Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- New court dates set for two suspects charged in Figueroa murder
Infant's body found at Somerton plant
SOMERTON — Somerton police have launched an investigation into the discovery of an infant's body at the city's recycling plant Thursday morning.
Workers found the body inside a plastic bag while separating recyclable materials brought to the plant on the city's west side, said Officer Ed Quintero.
Quintero said police could release no other details pending the police investigation and the results of an autopsy by the Yuma County Medical Examiner.
“We can't say what the sex is, nor whether it was a fetus or the body of an older baby. All that will be determined in the autopsy.”
He said police hope to have the autopsy results soon.
In the meantime, Quintero asked anyone with information about the infant to call the police department at 627-2011 or its anonymous tip line, 722-7357.