Consistent winners value their customers
Yuma's Best 2012
To be picked as Yuma-area residents’ favorite business or service provider is a noteworthy achievement.
But having earned that honor in any given year, businesses or providers know they cannot then rest on their laurels, not if they plan to survive and thrive over the long haul.
They never forget that they exist to serve the customer, and they continue to rise to the level of customers’ needs and expectations.
A handful of commercial and other establishments in the area have demonstrated a continuing commitment to customer satisfaction year after year, as reflected in Yuma’s Best, the Yuma Sun’s annual poll of readers’ favorite businesses, services and attractions.
Since the survey began 15 years ago, they have won in their category each and every year, including in the most recent poll done for 2012. They are:
• Stan’s Grocery — Best Breakfast Burrito. Stan’s is located at 1920 S. 1st Ave. Phone is 783-2526.
• Goldsboro’s Bakery — Best Bakery. Goldsboro’s is located in Yuma on Avenue A just north of 24th Street, and in the Foothills, at 11805 S. Fortuna Road. Phone numbers are 782-2272 for the Yuma location and 345-0711 for the Foothills bakery.
• Barnes and Noble Booksellers – Best Bookstore. Barnes and Noble is located at 819 W. 32nd St. Phone number is 317-1466.
• Fry’s — Best Grocery Store. In 2011, Fry’s opened a new store in the Foothills, 11203 E. South Frontage Road, while its original Yuma store is located at 4th Avenue and 24th Street. The Yuma store can be reached at 329-1055, and its pharmacy phone is 782-2529. Phone numbers for the Foothills grocery store are 305-1922 for the store and 342-1332 for the pharmacy.
• Red Lobster — Best Seafood. Red Lobster is located at 1521 Yuma Palms Parkway. Phone is 329-0104.
• Julieanna’s Patio Café — Best Fine Dining. Julieanna’s is located at 1951 W. 25th St. Phone number is 317-1961.
• Smucker Park — Best Place to Walk/Jog. Offering a mile-long walking and jogging path that descends and climbs hills, Smucker Park is located on Avenue A north of 32nd Street. For more information, call the Yuma Parks and Recreation Department at 373-5243.