Most Viewed Stories
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Stretch of 3E to close for patching
A stretch of Avenue 3E between Gila Ridge Road and 24th Street will be closed for maintenance from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. Thursday.
Crews will be patching holes in the roadway.
"Street division chose this time to have the least amount of impact on traffic flow," said Mark Stewart, street maintenance supervisor for the city of Yuma, in a news release.
There will be a detour for northbound 3E motorists, who can travel west on 24th Street to Pacific Avenue, and then north to Gila Ridge Road. From there they can travel east to rejoin Avenue 3E.
Those heading southbound on 3E will detour by traveling west on Gila Ridge Road to Pacific Avenue, then south to 24th Street. They can then travel east to reconnect with 3E.
Through northbound traffic wishing to access Interstate 8 should take 32nd Street to Araby Road for the eastbound connection or 32nd Street to 4th Avenue for the westbound connection.
Interstate 8 traffic wishing to exit to southbound 3E should consider using Araby Road to 32nd Street to 3E in addition to the planned detour routes.