Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Featured symposium artist: Amy Tavern
Yuma Art Symposium: Feb. 21-23
Today's featured artist
Originally from New York, Amy Tavern is a metalsmith and studio jeweler who received her BFA in metal design from the University of Washington in 2002. Her work often explores the formal explorations of line, shape and negative space, which then extend to simple concepts of pattern, layering and visual movement. More recently she has been working on combining her interests of graffiti and antique jewelry.
Tavern has lectured at the Society of North American Goldsmiths conference on two occasions and has spoken at universities around the U.S. She has received several awards for her design work and in the last two years, she has had solo exhibitions at Beyond Fashion in Antwerp, Belgium, and at Velvet da Vinci in San Francisco. Tavern is currently living and working in Asheville, N.C.
To see more of her comprehensive work history, visit her website at www.amytavern.com.