Most Viewed Stories
Musical play-a-thon Saturday at Yuma Palms
The rescheduled Yuma County Music Educators Association Play-a-thon Benefit will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The original Jan. 26 date for the play-a-thon, to benefit Habitat for Humanity of Yuma, was canceled due to rain.
Free to the public, it will be held in The Village area in front of Harkins Theatres, 1321 S. Yuma Palms Parkway.
Music groups from three public school districts, several private schools and Arizona Western College will perform throughout the day.
During the performances, volunteers with Habitat for Humanity will collect household items to be sold at the Habitat ReStore, 3242 E. 43rd St. The volunteers will also collect aluminum and plastic for recycling.
In addition, a donation box will be set up to accept monetary contributions to Habitat for Humanity of Yuma. Thrivent Financial will match monetary donations up to $500.
• 10- 10:30 a.m. — Woodard Junior High Band
• 10:30-11 a.m. — Crane Middle School Choir
• 11 a.m.-noon — AWC String Ensemble
• Noon-12:30 p.m. — Yuma Lutheran/Southwestern Christian Orchestra
• 12:30-1 p.m. — Centennial Middle School Advanced Band
• 1-1:30 p.m. — Gila Vista Band
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. — Yuma Catholic Guitar & Choir Ensembles
• 2:30-3 p.m. — Castle Dome Middle School Jazz Band
• 3-3:30 p.m. — Bordertown Saxophone Quartet
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Bordertown Big Band
• 4:30-5 p.m. — Kofa High School Orchestra
• 5-5:30pm — Kofa Royalaires