• Gospel concert — Harlow and Jarene Rudolph will perform at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Assembly of God Church in Wellton.
• Holiday closures — All east county schools, post offices and banks will be closed Monday in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
• Mohawk Valley School — Sports teams will play at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Wellton.
• Tractor rodeo — The annual tractor rodeo, 30570 Wellton Mohawk Drive, Wellton, will begin with breakfast at 8 a.m. Saturday. Enjoy barbecue lunch, entertainment, tractor pull, petting zoo, horseback rides, cow chip toss, vintage cars and engines displays, and many more events for adults and kids. All funds raised go to the Yuma Regional Medical Center Foundation and scholarships for the medical field.
• Pioneer Day — The town of Wellton annual Pioneer Day celebrations will begin with the parade at 10 a.m. Feb. 2. The fiesta will begin at Butterfield Park at 11:30 a.m. with food, entertainment and booths. Application forms for parade, booths, and more information are available at the town hall or call 785-3348.
• Papa Murphy's — Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza will come to Wellton from 2 to 6 p.m. Thursdays across from the school on Williams Street. Take and bake pizza is available until sold out.
• Wellton Library — Volunteers are needed to donate pies or help at the Friends of the Library pie booth at the Pioneer Day fiesta Feb. 2. Friends of the Library will raffle two beautiful dolls.
Conversational Spanish class is 10:30 a.m. today, baby time at 1:30 p.m. and computer class at 3 p.m. Book club will meet at 10 a.m. Friday. Latin fitness for fun is 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, writer's group will meet at 1 p.m. and Mango ESL at 1:30 p.m. Fitness for fun is 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, teen time at 1:30 p.m. and story time at 2 p.m., a staff member can help with all aspects of job finding from 10 a.m. to noon. A representative from Amberly's Place is on call to come to the library on an as-needed basis.
• Wellton Rose Garden — The next work session begins at 9 a.m. Feb. 13. Meet at the garden in front of the Wellton Elementary School. Wear gloves for the cleaning and pruning project, bring garden tools and water to drink. This is a Desert Sands RV Park community project. All community members are invited to volunteer. For more information, call Sherlee at 785-8404.
• Foothills Branch Library — The library will have an open house from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, baby time at 11 a.m. Cactus 101 and preschool story time is 10:30 a.m. Friday, sewing class and e-books at 2 p.m. “Madagascar,” rated PG, will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday, teen advisory board meets at 1:30 p.m., and law enforcement explorer at 3:30 p.m. GED classes are 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, write on the edge at 1:30 p.m. and computacion basica en espanol at 5:30 p.m. Toddler story time is 11 a.m. Wednesday, Ingles basico at noon, yarn over Yuma, and computer for absolute beginners at 2 p.m.
• Dobson Museum — Tours are by appointment only Monday through Saturday. For a tour or more information, call Windy at 785-4013.
• Veterans assistance — AmVets 2, 9E and South Frontage Road, will offer veterans assistance at 10 a.m. every Tuesday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served every day starting at 7 a.m. Karaoke will be 5-7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Pull tabs available. For more information, call 726-0102.
• YCAT — This public transport offers services from Wellton to Yuma and connecting services to many places in Yuma County including AWC, Yuma Palms mall, Cocopah Casino, YRMC and Walmart stores.
• Wellton Senior Center — Senior nutrition lunches are served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily. The center, 10234 Dome St., is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
• East County Optimists Club — Regular meetings of the club begin at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month at Dusty's Pizza and Wings in Wellton. For more information, contact Coleen at 785-4355 or 1-480-586-0744.
• VFW Post 6790 Men's and Ladies Auxiliary — Happy hour is 4-7 p.m. every day. Biscuit and gravy 8-11 a.m. Sundays, barstool bingo at 3 p.m. Hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries with all the trimmings 4-7 p.m. Mondays. Eight-ball pool tournaments are 1 p.m. Tuesday, ladies darts at 2 p.m. Waffles served 8-10 a.m. Wednesdays, nine-ball pool tournaments at 1 p.m. Lunch from noon to 3 p.m. Thursdays, meat draws and live music 2-4 p.m. Fish 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Breakfast 8-11 a.m. Saturdays, live music 2-5 p.m. All VFW and American Legion members and their guests are welcome.
To submit an article, call 446-6427, fax to 627-3521 or drop off at the Wellton Post Office, “Attention Diane” on or before Friday for the following Thursday edition.