Here's what's going on in the east county this week:
• Mohawk Valley School — Parent teacher conferences are March 27-28 with early dismissal at 12:30 p.m. each day.
• Easter sunrise services — Sunrise services are 6 a.m. on the east side of Antelope hill.
• First Southern Baptist Church — Easter services include Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and Easter worship services at 11 a.m. Free Kiwanis breakfast included.
• Live performance — Freddie and Sheila Pelletier will perform at 7 p.m. today at Coach Stop RV Park. Tickets are $5. For information, call 785-9798.
• Fundraising raffle — Tacna Volunteer Fire Department is holding its annual fundraising raffle. The drawing will be 6 p.m. May 4 at the Tacna Fire Hall. This is the only fundraiser they hold to support this volunteer fire department that covers the entire Mohawk Valley and areas extending to Hyder. Tickets are $25 for a first prize of $1,500, second prize of $750 and third prize $250. Tickets may be purchased from Windy at 785-4013, Wilma at 785-4824 or any fire department personnel.
• Wellton Library — Conversational Spanish class is 10:30 a.m. today, Baby Time at 1:30 p.m. Latin Fitness for Fun is 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Writer's Group meet at 1 p.m., and Mango ESL at 1:30 p.m. Fitness for Fun is 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Teen Time at 1:30 p.m., Story Time at 2 p.m. and help with job finding from 10 a.m. to noon. A representative from Amberly's Place is on call to come to the library on an as-needed basis.
• Wellton Rose Garden — The last work session for this year is 9 a.m. April 10. Meet at the garden in front of the Wellton Elementary School. Wear gloves for the cleaning and pruning project, bring garden tools and water to drink. This is a Desert Sands RV Park community project. All community members are invited to volunteer. For more information, call Sherlee at 785-8404.
• Foothills Branch Library — Genealogy is 10 a.m. today, Baby Time at 11 a.m., and Foothills Drumming Circle at 1 p.m. Foothills Quilters meet at 10 a.m. Friday, Preschool Story Time at 10:30 a.m. Bad Art for Teens 12-19 is 11 a.m. Saturday, and Lego and Duplo hour at 1 p.m. GED classes are 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Write on the Edge at 1 p.m., and Computacion Basica en Espanol at 5:30 p.m. Toddler Story Time is 11 a.m. Wednesday, Ingles Basico at noon, Yarn over Yuma and computer for absolute beginners at 2 p.m. ,and job assistance center from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Bingo — American Legion Post 67 will have bingo at 6 p.m. Thursdays at the Wellton Community Center. Doors open at 5 p.m. Refreshments are available.
• Dobson Museum — Tours are by appointment only Monday through Saturday. For a tour or more information, call Windy at 785-4013.
• Veterans assistance — AmVets 2, 9E and South Frontage Road, will offer veterans assistance at 10 a.m. every Tuesday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served every day starting at 7 a.m. Karaoke will be 5-7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Pull tabs available. For more information, call 726-0102.
• YCAT — This public transport offers services from Wellton to Yuma and connecting services to many places in Yuma County including AWC, Yuma Palms mall, Cocopah Casino, YRMC and Walmart stores.
• Wellton Senior Center — Senior nutrition lunches are served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily. The center, 10234 Dome St., is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
• East County Optimists Club — Regular meetings of the club begin at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month at Dusty's Pizza and Wings in Wellton. For more information, call Coleen at 785-4355 or 1-480-586-0744.
• VFW Post 6790 Men's and Ladies Auxiliary — Happy hour is 4-7 p.m. every day. Biscuit and gravy 8-11 a.m. Sundays, barstool bingo at 3 p.m. Hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries with all the trimmings 4-7 p.m. Mondays. Eight-ball pool tournaments are 1 p.m. Tuesday, ladies darts at 2 p.m. Waffles served 8-10 a.m. Wednesdays, nine-ball pool tournaments at 1 p.m. Lunch from noon to 3 p.m. Thursdays, meat draws 2-4 p.m. Fish 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Breakfast 8-11 a.m. Saturdays, live music 2-5 p.m.
To submit an article, call 446-6427, fax to 627-3521 or drop off at the Wellton Post Office, “Attention Diane” on or before Friday for the following Thursday edition.