Hunter Avenue fire (photos)
The Rural/Metro Fire Department battled a residential fire Wednesday afternoon on Hunter Avenue. On arrival, firefighters found the home engulfed in smoke but with no visible flames. Rural/Metro spokeswoman Charly McMurdie noted that smoke was coming from under the home as well as through the side vents.
After tracking the source of the flames, firefighters quickly put the fire out and remained on scene due to the amount of smoldering coming from furniture and others areas of the home. A fire investigator will investigate the blaze as soon as the home is safe to enter. The homeowner was not at the residence when the fire started, McMurdie said.