Most Viewed Stories
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Why not share larger building?
We have city government, county government, state government and federal government. They are all connected because of the word government and are all supported by the American taxpayer.
So, here is my question. The Wellton police department and the sheriff's office in Wellton both have separate little tiny offices, and the former Border Patrol office in Wellton is quite large and empty. Why can't they both move into the old Border Patrol headquarters and split the room between themselves?
They might have a little elbow room literally and be able to perform their jobs a whole lot easier and better, to my mind. That makes it a win-win for everybody — officers and citizens.
Whoops, I think I just answered my own question. Common sense and government are not two words that are possible to use in the same sentence. Oh well, I thought I might make it happen for a minute there. It is so much nicer out here in fantasy land, isn't it?