There's reason for racial profiling
The issue of racial profiling is the most ill-conceived ploy to be foisted upon Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Arizonans and Americans in general.
Isn’t it more than just a bit ironic that of all the races and ethnic groups to emigrate into the U.S., the Latinos/Hispanics have been the only ones to cry racial profiling?
Why do you suppose that is? It’s because the complainers want racial profiling to be made unlawful so that future illegal immigrants will have one less thing for which to be scrutinized.
Who caused racial profiling in the first place?
It was caused by the very first person and those that followed who illegally crossed the border from Mexico into the U.S. and broke one of our laws in doing so.
To be sure, many people have become Americans legally and have embraced our laws and culture but it’s a shame that they are inadvertently painted with the same brush.
Fast-forward to today.
• Did today’s immigrants ask for permission to be in the U.S. illegally? Did the U.S. invite them? A majority of voters didn’t but some of our politicians did.
• Did we invite their drug cartels’ wars to cross our border?
• Did the U.S. authorize illegals to butcher ranchers’ livestock, decimate property, kill U.S. citizens and law enforcement officers? One would think so, given our porous borders.
• Did we welcome all the drugs coming across our border by foot or through tunnels under it?
• Did we ask for the gang wars and drive-by shootings, some of which have had innocent victims?
• Did we give permission for our residential neighborhoods to be turned into automobile repair shops? Or perpetual garage sales/junk yards?
• Did we authorize vacant homes in residential neighborhoods to be used as “drop houses” for illegals?
• Did we authorize any of these people to come into the U.S. to subvert our Constitution, rules of law, culture or customs?
• Did we authorize any of these people to make the U.S. over into a country similar to what they just left?
• Why are we taxpayers being forced to pick up the tab for educating illegals who, in most cases, will take what they learn back to their native country?
• Why are we allowing our hospitals and emergency rooms to be overrun by illegal immigrants who often turn out to be scofflaws and consequently raise our health insurance premiums?
• The U.S. almost had tuberculosis eradicated but a new and more virulent strain is on the rise. Why do you suppose that is?
America has been far too generous for too long and now those who are here and seek to become citizens later are taking advantage of us at every possible turn.
Call our suspiciousness racial profiling if you want but all most of us are doing is seeking to protect our lives, property and families by knowing who’s around us and what they might be capable of doing.
We’re also trying to protect that which our own federal government refuses to protect and that which is guaranteed to us by our own Constitution.
All these people who are complaining about racial profiling should be either deported or arrested for suspicion of subversion.
Be assured, if I’m intimidated or challenged by anyone suspicious in my neighborhood, I’ll stand my ground!
ERNST W. WULLENWEBER JR.