Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Boos still likely when 'real' refs return
Now that the NFL has reached an agreement with the “professional” referees (who by the way apparently will make about $200,000 a year), I guess peace and sanity will reign once again in the football games. Yeah, right.
I will start by admitting I'm not a big sports follower, so I have generally looked at the dispute from a peripheral aspect. But I have watched my share of sports involving referees and judges at all levels from amateur to professional over the years.
The one consistent thing is that there is always disagreement over calls by the referees whether they are rated “professional” or not.
Perhaps there were more bad calls, or maybe worse bad calls, by the “second string” referees being used by the NFL. But I am certain the boos will start very quickly for the returning referees — along with claims they are blind or idiots.