Most Viewed Stories
Here's some ways to identify a Yuman
You might be a Yuman if ...
• You can harvest four crops a year on the same plot of land.
• Your favorite restaurants start with “El” and “Los.”
• You think salsa goes on everything.
• You can take a hot shower using only your cold water faucet.
• Your out-of-town friends and relatives start to visit in October but clear out before the end of April.
• Motor homes travel to and from your community in caravans.
• The population of your community is six times larger in January than it is in July.
• You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
• You can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
• You break out your sweaters and coats when the temperature drops below 70 degrees.
• The water in your pool is warmer than your body temperature.
• You would give anything to be able to splash COLD water on your face.
• The four seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
• When you talk with your Northern friends about the hot weather, you always say “but it's a dry heat.”
• Someone mentions the county fair and your thoughts immediately turn to cinnamon rolls.
• People may be willing to fight over a parking space in the shade.
• During the winter months, people may be willing to fight for just any parking space.
• You know which dollar stores and thrift stores have the good stuff and best bargains.
• There are jam sessions at nearly every RV park.
• There are more RV parks than grocery stores.
• The city council passed an ordinance against crowing roosters in the city.
• You live on the “West Coast” of Arizona.
• Sand storms are common.
• Your windshield is pitted from blowing sand.
• Whenever it rains, it's reported on the front page of the newspaper.
• People are adamant about the constitutional right to bear arms.
• You learn dozens of recipes to serve dates.
• Dashboard covers are not optional.
• You can stargaze at the clear night sky from your yard.
• There's a water park in the middle of the desert.
I'd love to see other humorous additions to this list.