Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
Far West rate hike opposed
I am dismayed that Far West Sewer and Water Co. would file for a rate increase after its last request was so emphatically denied, especially such a large increase.
I think a small increase might be justified. With many of their customers gone during the warm six months, but still collecting monthly fees, it just doesn't seem reasonable. I am strongly opposed to their request.
On another matter, their lack of back-up power during the recent power outage left many of us in the Foothills without water for about 36 hours. This is inexcusable since generators were available from the city of Yuma. The power outage was inconvenient but to be without water for fire protection and sanitation was just unforgivable.
My opinion is that their management is poor at best by not being prepared for emergencies and not being able to operate with a rate schedule similar to the city of Yuma.