- Add a splash of safety for the summer
- BY STEPHANIE A. WILKEN - SUN STAFF WRITER
- With the weather warming up, some Yumans are already daring to dip their toes in swimming pools and the Colorado River.
But with playtime comes the responsibility to make sure everyone has a fun time and a safe time - especially for children.
Wheth... Full story
- Summer camp offers cellos, not canoes
- BY DARIN FENGER - FEATURES EDITOR
- Most kids don't head off to summer camp with a violin under their arm.
But Yuma's own Strings Del Rio Summer Music Camp is certainly no ordinary camp experience.
Instead of canoes and campfires, students are treated to all things string, be it cell... Full story
- Planning after a breakup
- BY LARRY DEASON, ESTATE PLANNING
- Nobody plans to break up. When a couple marries, they dream of their lives together and the special times which they will share. They think of the shared holidays and the family which will grow from their love. Their lives become intertwined emotiona... Full story
- Reflecting on Yuma's library boom
- BY SARAH WISDOM, CHECK THIS OUT!
- The Yuma County Library District will join libraries across the nation to celebrate National Library Week April 11-17.It is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians, and to promote library use and support.T... Full story
- CuddleKit receives donation
- OG RV Resort Park Association turned over 130 pillowcases made by members to Kristen Sheppeard (third from right), of CuddleKits, along with toys and items purchased through fundraising. Members (from left) are Marina Williams, Beve Henson, Janet Sta... Full story
- Dioramas to vie for 'Peeple's Choice'
- BY CHRIS McDANIEL - SUN STAFF WRITER
- Local librarians are inviting local peeps to make some art with colorful marshmallow critters.The Yuma County Library District is planning a Peeps in Literature Diorama Contest this month in celebration of National Library Week, April 11-17.The libra... Full story
- A better way to say no
- BY MELISSA BEHUNIN, FAMILY FOCUS
- I truly believe that parenting should be fun. However, some parts are more fun than others. We spend some of the best part of our existence attempting to keep our kids from eating dirt, trying to convince them to take a bath, or figuring out ways to ... Full story
- Spinecrackers read 100th book
- BY NANCY GILKEY - SPECIAL TO THE SUN
- Members of a local club have visited India, Africa and the distant shores of Denmark. They’ve sat in the jury box at a local murder trial, they’ve walked with Malcolm X, and they’ve watched as a forgettable horse swept the Triple Cr... Full story
- Six key characteristics to strong families
- BY CHRISTINA HAWKEY, FAMILY FOCUS
- I teach a class at Arizona Western College called The Family. I love teaching this class because we learn how to strengthen families — the building blocks of neighborhoods, communities and nations.For the past two years, I have divided my stude... Full story
- Keeping your marriage healthy...with kids
- BY MELISSA GIBSON BEHUNIN
- One of my favorite theories looking at interpersonal relationships is psychologist Robert Sternberg’s triangular theory of love. He suggests that all relationships can be defined by the absence or presence of three main components, often depict... Full story