- Morning Ride
- By Randy Hoeft
- North. South. East. West. It makes no difference. If you're willing to get up early enough to beat the heat, you can ride off on your trusty bicycle in just about any direction, from any neighborhood in Yuma, and in a matter of minutes or hours, depe... Full story
- Rafting down the Colorado
- Yumans take advantage of city waterways
- Kathryn Krouse
- For a nice day on the water, try floating down the river on a raft. It is one of the many outdoor opportunities Yuma has to offer even in the blazing hot days of summer. The water is cool, the wildlife is abundant and the pace is lazy.
Using two fo... Full story
- The land where two deserts meet
- MICHAEL MILLER AND LORI STOFFT SPECIAL TO THE SUN
- The natural wonders of Joshua Tree National Park lie a day-trip away from Yuma
We finally made our pilgrimage to Joshua Tree National Park the way most good things happen: quite by accident.
We got word last April that Mom was starting t... Full story
- Other places to play
- The fun doesn't end at these dunes
- FROM STAFF REPORTS
- Yuma-area residents who enjoy riding all-terrain vehicles have a huge playground in their own backyard: the Imperial Sand Dunes.
But the dunes are not the only place for people who ride quads, sandrails and dune buggies.
In Yuma County, they ... Full story
- Big Eye Mine: A gem in the crown of the Castle Dome range
- Story and Photos By Michael Miller, Special to The Sun
- As the last glaring hole in our exploration of Yuma County over the past two decades, our trip down Big Eye Mine Road this spring was special. It was special also because it was a camping reunion with an old friend who's been making excuses for sever... Full story
- Dove hunt - Where it all begins
- Junior hunt provides learning experience for youths throughout the Yuma area
- BY SCOTT JUNGMAN, SUN SPORTS EDITOR
- By all accounts, last year's inaugural Clint Curry Junior Dove Hunt was a booming success.
But organizers are expecting this year's version to be even better.
The hunt drew 52 hunters who clocked in at 13 years old and younger, and 55 birds were... Full story