Most Viewed Stories
- Man who robbed Foothills bank sentenced to nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Police seek timeline of days leading up to woman's death
- Change of plea hearing delayed for ex-Yuma dancer
- New trial date set and plea agreement accepted in baseball bat murder case
- Man accused of trying to smuggle almost $1M worth of cocaine
ON DECK: Rotary Classic
During last year's Southwest Rotary Classic, I remember fascinating over the talented high school basketball players who came to town from schools like Basha, Centennial and Arbor View – the latter two both from Vegas.
These were high school athletes who are legitimate Division I players coming right to my backyard.
This season has been no different. Covering the Arbor View/Cibola game last night, I got to see 6-foot-6 junior Justin Burks, 6-foot-2 junior Terrell Butler and smooth senior point guard Navonte Hill. Burks and Butler both have the skills to play at a major university a little while down the road, and the Arbor View coaches were already getting a pitch for Hill to go to Arizona Western College.
Any fan of basketball should be at the games at Cibola today – 3:30 p.m. is the championship between Arbor View and Vista Grande.
These are kids you may be able to say you got to see them play when they were in high school.