Yuma firefighters responded to a fire that destroyed a mobile home at Windhaven R.V. Park around 10:20 a.m. A neighbor was burned while lighting a propane space heater for the owners who are expected in sometime today. Video by James Gilbert
The Yuma Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 8000 block of Topeka Place at around 3 a.m. Tuesday (6/9/09). The residents of the home were able to escape uninjured, alerted by smoke detectors in the home.
Video courtesy Yuma Fire Dept.
The 20-acre City of Yuma Public Safety Training Facility is home to a 'burn' building, where firefighters can train near real flames. The building also has interchangable walls which can be instantly converted for any scenario for police or fire use.