2019 Yuma County Employee of the Year and 2019 Court Employee of the Year will be announced 9 a.m. Aug. 3 during the regular session of the Yuma County Board of Supervisors meeting.
See it live on Facebook and Yuma 77, the Yuma County government channel.
Four employees from Yuma County have been nominated for the 2019 Employee of the Year and 3 employees for the 2019 Court Employee of the Year Awards sponsored by the Yuma County Board of Supervisors.
The County will also decide who the 2019 Safety Excellence Award recipient will be out of a field of 12 nominees. The announcement of all nominees was made during the regular session of the Yuma County Board of Supervisors.
The Yuma County Employee of the Year and Superior Court Employee of the Year programs recognize employees for providing exceptional public service to the citizens of Yuma County.
The 2019 Yuma County Employee of the Year nominees are:
• Rosa C. Castillo - Indigent Burial Specialist, Public Fiduciary
• Suzanne Cooper - Program Coordinator, Public Health District
• Jim Patrick - Librarian, Library District
• LeeAnne Stansbury - Finance
The 2019 Yuma County Court Employee of the Year nominees are:
• Amy Fischer, Receptionist/Clerk, Juvenile Justice Center
• Katie Strom, Judicial Assistant, Superior Court
• Jaime Velazquez, Court Services Supervisor, Adult Probation
Candidates are chosen for meeting the following criteria and only one candidate nomination is allowed per department:
• Must be a full-time employee with a minimum of two years of service by Dec. 31, 2019.
• Must have received a “Meets Expectations” or greater performance rating during the last two review periods.
• Must show evidence of having promoted the county’s core values or Superior Court Judicial Cannons.
• Developed demonstrable cost savings to the county or Superior Court through ideas or suggestions.
Nominations will be screened by a “Merit Award System Board” that is appointed by the Yuma County Board of Supervisors. Each first place winner will receive a plaque and an award of $1,000 (after taxes). The remaining nominees split an additional $1,000.
The Yuma County Board of Supervisors will also decide the recipient of the 2019 Yuma County Safety Excellence Award. The Safety Excellence Award is both a quarterly and annual award.
The 2019 Yuma County Safety Excellence Annual Award nominees are:
• Steve Banuelos – Juvenile Justice Center
• Barbara Diaz – Public Health
• James Franco – Juvenile Justice Center
• Christian Figueroa, Public Works
• Jose Gonzalez – Public Works
• Lynn Harlow-Smith – Public Health
• Adolfo Lopez, Public Works
• Quinton Martin, Public Works
• Daniel Paz, Public Works
• Louie Rivera, Public Works
• Mag Valenzuela, Public Works
• Cyrinda Williams, Public Fiduciary
Candidates are chosen for meeting any, or all, of the following criteria:
• Full-time employment and have at least one year of service and no disciplinary actions during the previous year.
• Scores a “Meets Expectations” or greater performance rating during the most recent review period.
• Initiates safety practices that produce cost savings to the county.
• Demonstrates an exceptional awareness and appreciation for safety and contributes to the development and implementation of safety programs in the workplace.
• Supports the efforts of the Safety Compliance Officer to increase workplace health and safety, eliminate hazardous conditions, and maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Is a champion of safety principles and encourages fellow employees to view safety as a necessary and beneficial part of all operations.
The Safety Excellence Award Committee screens all nominations and forwards the final candidates to the Yuma County Merit Award System Board. From there, the Merit Board reviews and makes a final recommendation of the award winner to the Board of Supervisors.
Winners of the Quarterly Safety Award received a prize and $100 (after taxes). The winner of the 2019 Yuma County Safety Excellence Award will receive a recognition plaque and $250 (after taxes).
- Occurred Monday, August 3rd, 2020 @ 9:00 am