• Thumbs up to Pampers! The company has pledged to install 5,000 diaper changing stations in men’s public restrooms across North America by 2021. Pampers said it’s time to address “changing table inequality,” and we couldn’t agree more!
• Thumbs up to the welding students at Kofa High School for the new sign marking the Yuma International Airport on the multi-use path extension!
• A special thumbs up to all the Yuma County residents who have a flag out today in honor of Flag Day! We appreciate your patriotism!
• Thumbs up to the U.S. Border Patrol agents who are working outdoors right now. It’s really hot out, yet these agents are enduring the heat to do their jobs. Thank you, agents!
• Thumbs up to those who are helping to meet the needs at the Humane Society of Yuma, whether through volunteering, fostering, donating or, best of all, adopting. Your efforts are appreciated, especially this time of year!
• Thumbs down to the news that Amberly’s Place is already struggling to meet needs in our community this summer … and a big THUMBS UP to those Yumans who saw there was a need in the last few days and already donated. To donate to Amberly’s Place, call 928-373-9691.
• Thumbs down to the spike in homicides in San Luis Rio Colorado, Son. Officials said that so far, there have been 37 homicides in the border city since the start of the year. The trend is alarming, to say the least.
• Thumbs down to the man who pulled a handgun at a drive-thru window in Yuma and demanded more hot sauce. One might be tempted to laugh at that story, but really, it’s terrifying that someone would take that action.
Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down are compiled by the Yuma Sun editorial board, based on recent events, happenings and activities around Yuma County and the nation, and will appear on Fridays in the Yuma Sun.